48th Scale War Weary Tigercat
November 26, 2012 in Aviation
Yes it did look that bad and I have the photo I used for reference. I started out looking for a different way to do a black scheme and found this shot in Squadron’s book on the Tigercat. I added a resin nose, drilling it out to accept buckshot in an attempt to keep the tail up. It required more weight behind the cockpit and engine firewalls, any place I could put it in front of the main landing gear. The engines are plumbed and brake lines added. Pastels were used over different shades of flat black.
2 additional images. Click to enlarge