November contest results
December 1, 2012 in Uncategorized
The November contest is closed and we are proud to announce the winner of iModeler’s first online competition. The 3-week long submission period brought a whopping 180 models to our pages, many more than we ever dared to hope for.
With so many excellent models on display, choosing a single winning entry seemed like an impossible task. It involved many discussions among the judges. In the end, we decided to award one iModeler Best in Show title to the entry that wins this month’s prize – the Tamiya 1/32 P-51D Mustang, but also list five of our extraordinary finalists as Honorable Mentions. We think that all are great modeling accomplishments that deserve recognition.
iModeler Best in Show – November 2012
Josef Blazek’s ( @pepa-blazek ) Spitfire F.24 has all the attributes of a great model – clean construction, plenty of good detail, painting, weathering. But is also has “it” – that distinctive but intangible quality that inspires thinking of modeling as an art form. Plus excellent photos that show all its strengths. Also, it has been well liked by our readers… we’re stunned.
Honorable Mentions: 5 Extraordinary Finalists
(in no particular order)
1. Beautiful Cyberhobby Bf 110D[/url] by Walt Babst (aka @luftwaffe-birdman)
2. CASA 2.111[/url] by Eric aka @yankymodeler, an epic conversion project
3. Albatros DV.a[/url] by @emeterio de la Iglesia Blanco’s with awe-inspiring finish and weathering
4. An old Monogram F-18[/url] kit brought to entirely new heights by Jack Mugan ( @camaro1 )
5. An Italeri Ju-87B[/url] expertly finished by @charles-whall
5 additional images. Click to enlarge