Okay, ya forced my hand, here’s my addtion to the Wildcat collection.
March 22, 2013 in Aviation
I used the Tamiya kit with the Just Plane Stuff -3 conversion.
Unlike some of them sold mine was in good shape with no major problems.
I did sand down the flotation bag covers on the wings which stood a little to high.
It’s a pretty straight forward conversion, the hardest part was finding enough information on the VMF-211 Wildcats.
Paint was Model Master inside & out and I kept it really clean.
These airplanes were freshly repainted on the way to Wake Island and didn’t last long enough to get dirty.
I didn’t do anything extra to it.
3 additional images. Click to enlarge