April 8, 2013 in Armor
Built this one about ten or so years ago. As always, I started out with the intention of a quick build but the next thing you know, it just got away from me. The trailer is an old Italeri piece that had been sitting in a spares box since the 1970s. All I could salvage of it was the bucket and fenders, everything else was scratch-built with the wheels being sourced from I cannot remember where. I turned the “Jeep” into a U.S. recon version. Shaped the front fender guards with an old curling iron that I got at a garage sale for a dollar. It is a great tool for rounding out plastic card. For some odd reason, the Tamiya Jeep does not come with the “T” latches for the hood and windscreen. I scratch-built about 30 before I got four that I was satisfied with. Tried my hand at separate 50 cal links from Mission Models. Adds a nice touch but never again! Figures are Verlinden and M&K. with the driver being the figure from the kit. It was a five month ordeal, but well worth it.
14 additional images. Click to enlarge