1/25 ’69 Camaro
December 15, 2013 in Cars & Motorcycles
Though I did manage to make this car come out decent, it was a huge pain. As I was working on this car, I had not let the paint cure all the way and I put a clear cote on it. Because of this the paint started to wrinkle and I panicked; I grabbed my can of paint stripper and started to go at it. Little did I know the stripper I was using started to melt the plastic. So the next day I drove an hour to the closest hobby store and picked up a new model so I can have a body to work with. Once I started working on the new body, I had a showroom finish on it as I painted it, then I was inspecting the bottom and it fell off my stand and landed on the floor collecting tons of hair and messing it up once again. So I was asking my dad what I could possibly do for a viable sand paper option, and he suggested going to a body shop. After I got myself some 400 and 1500 grit sandpaper I was able to redo the spots where the hair was.
I think I’m going to name this the hell car. I mean it is red.
24 additional images. Click to enlarge