206 the hard way done!
Well, I am glad she is finished, but what a fiddly kit it was to build. I think I made a few of my own problems by doing some things out of sequence, like adding the landing gear at the end (which requires modification of the mounts early on) and not test fitting the weapons pylons which are not as tight as I would like them. Also the canopy is obviously designed to be left open, but having spent 26 years in Naval Aviation you keep them closed when someone is not in them that whole flight deck weather thing 🙂 I used probably 90% of the stencils , but even then there are some missing for early Phantoms, notably the white lettering on the radome. Anyway here it is warts and all
Edited to add, I knocked most of the gloss off after decaling, as it was my experience working on the E-2 and C-2 which still cary glossy schemes that after some time at sea the gloss gull grey was only shiny right after wash jobs.
Edited the pictures some so hopefully they are a little better, also added one of the Phantom in her Navy display by my shadow box!
8 additional images. Click to enlarge.