Wingnut Wings Bristol Fighter
May 13, 2014 in Aviation
This is my recently completed Brisfit. This was my first Wingnut Wings kit and I hope it won’t be my last. I’ve got my eye on the new Walfisch, not so much rigging. The model was painted with Tamiya and Gunze acrylics and Humbrol enamel. The woodwork was done using acrylic base colours and oil paints, the prop was sealed with 2 coats of future applied with a brush. EZ line was used for the rigging, with brass tube for turnbuckles and attachment points made from eyelets of fine wire. The rigging was a long and tortuous process but looks great when complete. Along the way, I had a decalling disater and even dropped the model on the floor, breaking several parts. This almost caused me to shelve it, but I’m glad I didn’t as I think it turned out OK.
5 additional images. Click to enlarge