The Albatross continues
June 10, 2014 in Aviation
I think I was successful in splicing the Alley Cat canopy with the Trumpeter nose piece, building up the sides with milliput to get the distinctive curve below the canopy that Trumpeter missed. I also included a picture of the Alley Cat hull laid over the kit part. AC did get the curve better, but not quite right either, coupled with the poor fit I decided to go with the kit parts, they look good. A couple of notes on the build, the side windows fit poorly , trimming the edges down however will get them to fit flush, also on the starboard side aft of the hatch there is a round window that should not be there, I puttied over it and sanded it smooth. Generally the fit is excellent, but somehow I ended up with a gap between the fuselage and wheel well. I can squeeze it closed, but will wait until I get the wings on to be sure I don’t create another harder to fix problem. So forging ahead!
8 additional images. Click to enlarge