The old 1/48th Monogram kit….went together pretty well (don’t even have the wings glued in there – pretty snug fit). Had two different tail turrets, but the set of masks I used weren’t very specific as to what went where on the turrets. Canopy and glass nose were easy enough, but the two turrets were “iffy” regarding placement, so I ‘winged’ it. I tried to get a worn look on the OD by lightly sanding with a fine grit block. As you can see, she’s a “ceiling queen” (kinda big to put anywhere else), therefore, you may be able to tell she doesn’t sit on the nose when ‘parked’. I didn’t forget to put nose weight in, I just didn’t because I knew it wouldn’t matter. The left side nose art was kit-supplied, but I had some custom lettering done some time ago with my wife’s name, so I applied one of ’em to the other side. I think there were some aircraft that had two different “names” in certain instances (usually the crew chief’s choice on the right side) – don’t know if such was the case with heavy bombers, but I don’t care….mine does. 🙂
14 additional images. Click to enlarge.