1/32 Trumpeter AV-8B II Plus
I finished this one in September of this year and it wasn’t without its challenges. Lots of ill-fitting parts and inaccuracies- some that were fixable, some not. I used an Aires cockpit and wheel wells. The cockpit did not fit very well and required much work to get the fuselage halves to mate properly. I modified the landing gear and fully articulated them so the are full extended at hover and compress when “landed”. I made the deck from styrene sheet and brass tie-downs. the non-skid surface was made by using an artist gel medium and a stiff brush. I custom mixed all the Polyscale paints. I was disappointed that it won 2nd place in the 1/32 scale jet category this year in McMinnville, but that’s the way it goes. You win some and you lose some.
6 additional images. Click to enlarge.