Started just three weeks ago, and here it is DONE !!
Not bragging at all, at the outset this was a “Clear the bench” build. All ongoing projects were sent to the ‘pending’ pile, I ordered some fresh Micro-Mesh pads & clothe and I set-to.
Part of the reason for the speed of this project is my enthusiasm for the project – I really like Firebirds, the other reason is the quality of the kit, in my opinion Revell produced such a superb quality product it’s actually quite difficult for an average modeller like me to scr*w-it-up.
Along the way I did learn some things: I asked on another couple of sites about varnishing over the already very smooth & glossy finish that I managed to achieve, I took the advice from many of the replies and applied those extra clear coats and it worked-out… so, learning point #1, be brave and with the correct tools and a little luck the finish you want, you can achieve !! Learning point #2, I need to re-learn my BMF ‘skills’ next time around
So that’s it for this one, as ever thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment please feel free to ask any questions or make any criticism.
7 additional images. Click to enlarge.