KC-135R Stratotanker 1/72 Italeri
April 5, 2016 in Aviation
Model is Italeri, 1281 box number, 1/72 scale KC-135R/FR Stratotanker kit. Grey color plastic parts and engraved detailed panel lines. Not an easy kit. Parts are not symmetric. A lot of gaps between parts. And some details are missing on this big 1/72 kit so you need correct them. I tried some correction as much as my psychology permit.
– I did some scratch build detail in the cockpit although difficult to see inside. Glareshield was detailed, engine fire switches added because they are visible from outside, thrust lever was added and seat belts. All added components are Evergreen plastic and seat belts are tamiya masking tape.
– Landing gear bays were detailed with plastic and different size of wires.
– Crew entry door was scratch build from evergreen plastic. Because no detail on the orijinal one.
– Engine fan blades was built using evergreen plastic.
– eyebrow, fuselage windows and boom operator windows were built with plexiglass plastic.
– All big and small antennas are scratch build from plastic and cable antenna from fishing gut to make Turkish Air Force type KC-135. This antenna not included in the model.
Hope you like.
See you later.
16 additional images. Click to enlarge