An-32 Amodel 1/72
January 22, 2017 in Aviation
And I give to your attention another your model. here’s my An-32 from Amodel in cilvilian livery, looking good. Picked it up in parallel with the recently shown Su-11. The prototype aircraft was the RA-96354 flying with Krasnoyarsk airlines. One of the strengths of the An-32 is its capability to operate from the grass airfields for cargo.
How it turned out in terms of the resemblance to the original, you be the judge.
The kit was typical for Amodel with regard to the quality of the casting. One added feature of the model is that I decided to roll on the rivet lines where they were appropriate in my opinion. I liked the experience of rivets on my Su-11 so I decided to continue it.
The other changes were as follows:
1. The wheels are from Equipage.
2. The propellers were mounted on a pair of brass bushings/axle diameter 1 mm. This allows them to rotate even from a gentle blow.
3. Replaced almost all the sensors and antennae with syringe needle tubes.
4. Installed the wipers from pieces of photoetched ladders for ships.
5. Reinforcement plates on the wing the fuselage were made from self-adhesive foil.
6. Clear position lights were made from plastic coming from colored toothbrush handles.
7. As mentioned above – add-on riveting.
8. Hydraulic piping was added on landing gear legs.
9. Landing lights in the bow were hollowed out, painted chrome and filled with a transparent epoxy.
10. BANO – epoxy with color “bulbs”.
11. The intakes on the engines were cut out, machined and glued back.
12. All decals were homemade.
I primed and painted the model using KUDO paints. Before painting made the gray preshading. The fuselage stripes were masked an painted. The engines were masked using Tamiya’s white elastic tape. The selection of washing as per my usual habit, a gray slush of feri+gouache+water. The finishing varnish comes also from KUDO.
The base was made from laminated particle board. The top is painted brown, then PVA used to attach grass from a set of NOCH “Blumenwiesen-Gras”. It looks like a synthetic marijuana in the bag :). To polee-less sticking out I “lifted” grated myself a cap from a can of spray paint.. So the result is better entrenched blew this “lawn” of hairspray.
Goods are fully improvised. Two identical – it is something under a tarpaulin on a pallet, tied up by a rope. This is the “something” – colored hepoxilin, rope, thread school bow.
Wooden box – glued instant noodles box, pasted the same “boards” and painted. The inscription on it – the remains of the decals.
During a photo shoot on the screws directed a cold jet of the Hairdryer.
Well, sort of everything I knew said ))). Please visit ).
24 additional images. Click to enlarge