Tu-154 Of Omskavia, Plasticart, 1/100
March 17, 2017 in Aviation
Hello, dear friends.
It so happened that I got my hands on a set of German firms Reifra. Saying she’s revived the line when your favorite GDR-ovsky Plasticart models. Indeed, in the box lay the sprues painfully known. All in the distant 80-e ))). I will not go into the schools to model geometry, and they are many. I note that the plastic from the standpoint of handling and working with it is just gorgeous. He is firm, but beautifully polished and cut.
I will say a little about the most interesting moments of the construction.
The panel lines, as many will remember, the foreign and wrong. I cut around the plane and sanded to a state of “bald the surface.” Drawing by Dmitry Kolesnik cut the main lines of the new.
The trailing edge of the wing, stabilizer and fin is something with something. Overly thick. Sew had a very large area, to bring them to the desired thickness. then I had cheated a little and ate only about 1 cm of the edge. It turned out certainly not quite right, because too rounded ends of the profile, but from the edge was more like thin.
All the rejected items in a set were marked with a massive ditch. The flaps I have putty and cut a thin line again. The rudders and ailerons of propylene and the full length bored through, giving the shape of “fish” sections. Nodes their pendants made from pieces of plastic. It turned out the effect of the “pending” element, which “may” be rejected.
Had to Tinker with the second duct (Central) of the engine. It’s just not there. Of instant noodles plastic built a kind of S-shaped trough in each half of the fuselage. Putty brought more or less similar form. In the lower part of the mounted fan Assembly of the engine found in the cushions of the engine. Have taped the entire surface of the two S-shaped polychoric foil. After gluing together the fuselage, the joints taped with strips of foil.
Glass Windows were glued after painting all the Windows on each half are not glued to the fuselage. Then covered them with a strip of adhesive tape and further, as usual. Therefore, the area window becomes ready for further work and does not require masking each window.
The plane had to build in the livery of Omskavia. Moreover, as similar to the Board RA-85133. By many measurements , fittings and vivarini had a decal like this livery. The tail decals consists of several pieces. To do one whole round, I did not dare, and to work with the pieces more convenient. The decal around the perimeter of each window, cut after finish paint. Then covered each window with Futura.
That the result turned out to judge you. To be honest, most don’t like it. Some points I would do differently. But… the model is ready and offer to see it
21 additional images. Click to enlarge