iModeler May Awards
Once again it is time for our monthly retrospective – a look back at some of the notable articles added to iModeler during the month of May. 95 new entries were posted to the headlines during the period, prompting no fewer than 1020 comments.
Our long-standing tradition is to award the Best in Show title to the jury’s choice, also listing runner-ups as Honorable Mentions. We think that all are great modeling accomplishments that deserve recognition. The jury panel this month were @editor, @aisak, @magnusf, @halvarvonflake, @rickard-malmborg and @raikisan.
Every month, all Headline contributions are included in our traditional honorary prize draw. We’re looking for the entries that represent the month’s highlight in terms of modeling quality and presentation. We also allot an award to a randomly chosen article to emphasize that all contributions to this site deserve recognition.
Click here to register and take part in our next monthly roundup!.
iModeler Best in Show – May 2017
This was another extraordinarily difficult choice among the even lot of finalists. We loved the many exquisite aircraft models (including the scratchbuilt Piper Pawnee Brave 375!), and the armor dioramas, and the incredibly detailed ship models.
In the end, one of the objects on display won both our minds and our hearts. The diminutive 1/700 vignette by Won-hui Lee showing the IJN destroyer Isokaze steaming past the islands on the Phillipine Sea “took us there”, creating a complete illusion of viewing the actual location. We think that this is modeling at its best. Please make sure to have a second look!
But wait, there is more! – the Random Award
We are also awarding a prize as a token of appreciation to all our contributors. This is selected through an entirely random draw among all the entries of the month. This time, our lucky winner is Christian Ristits for his 1/48 scale Sepecat Jaguar A – French Air Force, Kitty-Hawk. Another excellent entry of the month – thanks for sharing!
Honorable Mentions: Our 10 Exquisite Finalists
(in no particular order)
1. Matija Lisec – Baghdad Taxi (or,how i lost my tandoori chicken)
2. Marc Barris – Piper Pawnee Brave 375 1/32 Scale (Scratchbuilt)
3. Anthony Christian Alvear Acuña – HMS Warspite 1943 (1/350 Academy)
4. Roberto Colaianni – Brindiamo all’ affondamento (Let’s celebrate the sinking)
5. Christian Ristits – Sepecat Jaguar A – French Air Force, Kitty-Hawk, 1:48
6. Ruben A. Torres Borrego – Eduard 1/48 Albatros DVa
7. George Johnson – 1/48 Hobby Boss Ka-27 Ukrainian Navy
8. Christian WERY – F-104G Belgian Starfighter “all open”
9. Marvin Reyes – Kitty Hawk F9F-8P Photo Cougar
10. David leigh-smith – Lightning in June
10 additional images. Click to enlarge.