Pilatus PC 21, 1/32 scale Scratch Built, Part 2
Well after all the Christmas food, I decided that I need some exercise, so I got back to work.
Here are the steps I took to get to where I am now, this has taken about a day and a half, with the odd break in between.
1. After I had glued all the ribs on the 2 Fuselage silhouettes, I started to glue Balsa wood blocks in between the ribs.
2. After the gluing was completed I started to sand down the Balsa wood to conform with the ribs and that gave me the shape of the fuselage.
3. I then coated the Balsa wood with thin super glue after the shaping to harden the Balsa wood, then I filled all the little holes and defects with Tamiya Putty, and when that was dry, I took a semi coarse sand paper and smoothed it all down.
4. I then had to cut the fuselage in 2 pieces as it was too big for the Vac machine.
5. Cut the plastic for the Vac machine, and started Vac forming the fuselage halves.
6. Trimmed the plastic to size and sanded the fuselage halves to get a good fit when I join them later.
7. Installed the fuselage ribs that I cut from plastic card, to stiffen up the fuselage and make the halves easy to handle and line up with the front cockpit section of the fuselage.
I am busy shaping the front cowl for the PT 6 motor that I want to open, then I will vac form that and try the complete fit with all the pieces…………….Phew that was tough, I prefer using my hands when I try to explain something.
If you guys need any additional explanation, or if I am a bit vague in the above explanation, send me a PM, and I will explain in more detail.
HAPPY NEW YEAR GUY’s.
9 additional images. Click to enlarge.