Modeling by Gábor Szabó


Fiat G.50 Finnish Air Force (Ilmavoimat) 1942 – Secter/Hasegawa 1:48

by Gábor Szabó on August 18, 2016 in Aviation -- 18 Comments

Hi Everyone! Another “spaghetti” fighter, this time Fiat’s attempt to produce something more modern for the “Fighter I” competition than their earlier biplane designs. The “Freccia” (Arrow) in fact was the first serie produced all metal fighter plane in Italy […]


Reggiane 2000 serie III. 1:48 SMER (ex Artiplast) + scratch

by Gábor Szabó on May 1, 2016 in Aviation -- 21 Comments

Hi Everyone! I started this kit as an experiment as I always wanted an 1:48 copy af this little fighter, but beside SMER (Artiplast originated in the early ’60s) the only kit in this scale is from CA. I saw […]


Updating an old Iwata HP-B

by Gábor Szabó on February 13, 2016 in How-to -- 4 Comments

Hi Everyone! I had only little little time to build anything and this post isn’t about finished plastic either. I’m an airbrush guy and fond of airbrushing in general and – as I suppose happens frequently such people – I […]


Workbench 2015 :)

by Gábor Szabó on December 28, 2015 in Uncategorized -- 5 Comments

It’s awesome that we have some memes yet so I’m in! This is myworkbench – sufficiently cleaned uf for the photos. Nothing special – a better part of my living room 🙂 On the third picture is a Fly Synthesis […]


Little Fokkers

by Gábor Szabó on December 10, 2015 in Aviation -- 12 Comments

Hi All! Christmas is coming sooo… I built these little planes (1:72) as christmas presents. This time aesthetics was more important than authencticity but I tried my best to keep tha balance between the two things. The DR.1 is for […]


Fiat G.50 1:72 Airfix

by Gábor Szabó on December 6, 2015 in Aviation -- 5 Comments

Another oldie from the shelf. This is the venerable Airfix Fiat G.50 with some improvement. I made this kit years ago when this was the only g.50 around. I scrachbuild the cockpit area and the wheel wells, intakes etc and […]


Avia B-534 Serie IV. as Hungarian booty – KP 1:72

by Gábor Szabó on December 4, 2015 in Aviation -- 8 Comments

Hi All! As You see I don’t give up building in 1:72 – old habits die hard 😉 – and don’t giveup updating ancient things. This B-534 was in my stash for more than 20 years 🙂 . This wasn’t […]


FMA I.Ae. 27 Pulqui I. 1:72 AllianceModels

by Gábor Szabó on December 2, 2015 in Aviation -- 7 Comments

It is just for interesting. I made this kit about nearly 20 years ago when we received a sample from AllianceModels at Model and Maquette Magazine (long defunct sadly). These kits were fairly rare even when they released (and not […]


Letov S-231 1:72 KP – spanish civil war

by Gábor Szabó on November 28, 2015 in Aviation -- 17 Comments

Hi everyone! This ismy small scale Letov S-231 built from an old KP. I have some deep memories about KP kits because then practically these manufactirers (KP, SMER, Novo, WEB Plasticart and ZTS) meant modeling to us (behind the old […]


1:48 Fiat CR.42 (Italeri) Royal Hungarian Air Force 1942

by Gábor Szabó on November 25, 2015 in Aviation -- 12 Comments

Hi! It’s been a while I posted anything. I slowed down a bit but some work done recently among the “half-made stash”. I started this kit a year ago parallel with the awful Artiplast CR.32 but couldn’t decide what color […]