1/48 Hasegawa Typhoon Mk.IB

Started by Tom Bebout · 55 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 11 months ago:

What a great build report and result. I agree with T.C., this may be your best yet and that's saying something (I loved your Bearcat).

Thanks for taking the time to share this project with us, Tom. It's a strange and sometimes isolating hobby, made all the better to have friends to share in our work, thoughts, and feelings along the way.

Brilliant job.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Good to hear from you Dr Dave. Try to keep those students in line hey. Thanks for the comment TC I believe it looks better now. Thought I was going to have to shelve her after the decal issue. Paul you're much too kind with your remarks as for some reason or another this guy fought me all the way. And thanks for the comments on my wife's knee surgery, she's doing quite well, and now has a matching pair! Louis I remember you suggesting that I finish the Tiffy with the door open and I'm going to always hold that against you. Yes David it is an interesting hobby and what an eclectic group of folks hang out here on iModeler. BTY, that Enterprise of yours is outstanding, love the way you kept adding details to achieve your vision. So how long have you had this excessive compulsive behavior? Must be the glue fumes hey?

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 5 years, 11 months ago:

I was right. Your best yet. 🙂

• Profile Photo

Tom's always right, something to do with the way his brain is wired.

Talking about brain wiring, I wish I could blame the glue fumes for the OCD traits, but unfortunately it's just me, also the case with the procrastination, the tendency to post too much non-modeling stuff on iModeler (see procrastination), my inability (strange as it may seem here) to do 'small talk', and my strange attachment to a small silver fork...ah, don't ask.

The irony of this being that I'd go talk to someone, but I couldn't afford the fees I'd charge myself.

All of which is to say that your Tiffy is magnificent, Tom. Even as we speak I can hear the Airfix 1/24 version in the stash calling me to her. There's another thing I need to see about...

• Profile Photo

God love ya David. Here's the deal, if you're ever in Ohio, I'll treat you to a visit to the USAF Museum, then we'll discuss the above issues over some fine Kentucky bourbon. Seems to fix a lot of issues or supposed problems. My treat.

• Profile Photo

Tom, for that kind of deal I'll make a trip especially. You had me at USAF Museum, Ohio, and Bourbon!

There's a bucket lister, a vacation over the pond and road trip to my iModeler friends. Now THAT is therapy.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 5 years, 11 months ago:

The USAF Museum, aka "the bat cave." 🙂

• Profile Photo

Doors always open and the Bebout B&B for the polystyrene impaired is very reasonably priced. And TC it does seem to be rather dark in the museum but it's also 4 huge hangers dark.

• Profile Photo

I'm going to work on that one, Tom. Bring you some nice single malt from the old country.

• Profile Photo

Single barrel? That's sounds like delicious sipping whiskey. BTY, Kentucky bourbon trace's it's roots back to the Scots and Irish that settled in the area. Brought with them their distilling skills from the old country and since the predominate crop was corn, they made corn whiskey. Now what makes it bourbon? That's another story.