General Atomics MQ-9 Reaper No.39 Squadron RAF 2011-2012 Italeri 1/72

Started by Ferry Dierckxsens · 21 · 5 years ago · 1/72, Italeri, MQ9, RAF100
  • Profile Photo
    James B Robinson said 5 years, 8 months ago:

Nice job Ferry. This is one will eventually be added to my collection. It's kind of strange to think about these in the real world. They fly out of a base about 1.5 miles from the house, but you never hear them. Only on occasion do you see them, but they are there. Not sure which is the biggest, there is one that does fly higher.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 8 months ago:

It's good to see your plane on it's wheels ! You have made some great progress, and I'll be looking forward to seeing the paint work next... 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 5 years, 3 months ago:

Finaly some modelbuilding is taking place again after moving house last november. So way behind on scedule I happy to say that I can do some scalemodelling again and work on the MQ9 Reaper.

It's nearly done, but as allways all the small tnings take up a lot of time. Decals, and specialy those on the bombs and hellfire rockets consume a lot of time. Allmost all the markings are there to put on in 1/72. In the end the effect is great. Some touch up work to take care of as well and than I'll hope to have the Reaper ready this weekend.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 3 months ago:

Looking really good, Ferry! Perfect timing for the end of the GB - really glad your move went well! Great to see you back at the bench!

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 5 years, 3 months ago:

Thanks Paul, it's good to be back here as well.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 5 years, 3 months ago:

Nice to see one of these built, Ferry!