Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.1 RAF Wittering 1970 Airfix 1/72

• 4 posts
  • Last reply 3 weeks ago
Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 posts
  • Ferry Dierckxsens said 3 weeks, 2 days ago:

I’m still working on finishing 2 subjects from 2 other GB’s but I couldn’t resist opening up the box and presenting my subject for the RAF 100 years groupbuild.
    The new tooled kit by Airfix in 1/72 of the Harrier GR.1 as flown by No.1(F) Squadron from RAF Wittering in september 1970.
    I will build this kit OOB and the first impressions I got from the parts is really good. So looking forward to start building it and keep you all updated.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Paul Barber said 3 weeks, 2 days ago:

And we are looking forward to it too, Ferry! These new Airfix tools seem to hit the mark every time. Given the troubles at Revell it is great to see a burst of innovation from a ‘traditional’ company. Nice scheme too – very much a 70s look!

• Greg Kittinger said 3 weeks, 1 day ago:

Wow – that looks like a nice kit. My only Harrier build thus far was a Fujimi AV-8B, and it really took some work. I’ve got another RAF Harrier in the stash (MPC maybe – old Airfix) and another Fujimi Sea Harrier, both of which I’m eager to build as I’m just finishing reading The Battle For The Falklands. However, I may have to upgrade my stash with one of these new Airfix kits and ditch the MPC one!

• Allan J Withers said 3 weeks ago:

Good choice Ferry, I have some of these new tool kits in my stash as well !!

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 posts