BAC Jet Provost T4, XR707 45, The Vipers, 2 FTS RAF Syerston England 1968.

Started by Allan J Withers · 28 · 5 years ago · 1/72, 100yotRAF GB, aerobatic, Airfix, BAC, Jet Provost, RAF, The Vipers
  • Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years ago:

1/72 Airfix, I started this around the same time as the Hawk, at the beginning of 2017 and had the same problems with the same paints but decided to strip it back and start again on a different subject, so looking OK so far !

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years ago:

That's a great recovery Allan! And a great subject - the metallic finish and anti-glare surface look great.

I don't have any HPJPs on the hard drive - however here is the BAC Strikemaster 167 - which was their developmental destination (again Biggin Hill).

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years ago:

Allan, whose duff paints? I was glad to see that Airfix finally gave us a new early JP.

• Profile Photo

Paul, more great shots ! ---------------- Bernard, the first was Xtracolor acrylic, way brighter than their enamel equivalent, then Humbrol, I just don't always like the finish texture and Revell which just didn't dry completely, only that one tin ! and yes Airfix are giving us some good subjects, but I want more !

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years ago:

Nice recovery Allan, and it's starting to look great. Nice metal finish on this lovely aircraft.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Ferry, I have a few of these.

• Profile Photo

Most of the decals on, just a few more and the details to go !

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 6 years ago:

Great looker, Allan.

Interesting photos, Paul. Thanks for sharing, guys!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Jeff, mainly Xtradecals with kit stencils !

• Profile Photo

Looking incredibly clean Allan - the red is looking good against the metal - expert masking!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Paul, no masking involved, they are all Xtradecals ! ------------ standing on it's undercarriage now, just a few small things to add !

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Ha ha! Expert 'decalling' in that case! The shape of these planes is fantastic - it is turning out to be a total stunner!

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years ago:

Allan, expert decalling, indeed! Best dayglo decalling I've seen in a long time! Paint looks great, as well/ I'm gonna get me one of these! It's a curse!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 6 years ago:

Dang it! Beautiful inspiration! Now I need to pull out my kit.

• Profile Photo
    Stellan Schroeder Englund said 6 years ago:

Dayglo is the way to go! Really nice JP.