Inventory

Started by Paul Barber · 92 · 5 years ago · Group, Inventory, RAF, RAF100
  • Profile Photo
    Robert Paschall said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Good evening Paul,
    Unfortunately I have to drop out of the build. We will be packing up the for a move when this build is running.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Hi Robert,

Sad to lose you - I hope the move goes well and that you get back to the builds soon! Thanks so much for letting me know.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Great pic's there Paul, here's a couple I took when a few visited Australia, mid 80's, taken of my original 35 mil photos with digital camera !

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Great shots Allan - I always enjoy how small Harriers are comparatively! Halfway between a Spitfire and a Raptor - give or take!

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Hi Paul.

I've agonised over what to bring to the party here. The RAF is such a beloved institution to us Brits and it's been hard to decide how to pay my own very small tribute. After going through the stash I've decided it should be something that gets me out of my comfort zone and pushes what skills I have while providing a challenge.

So, this will be my contribution; the Bristol 192 Belvedere in 1/72 by Airfix.

Can't wait to get started and thanks, Paul, for taking this GB on and providing some inspiration!

• Profile Photo

Hello David, what an inspired choice - a peculiarly British tandem-rotor chopper! Never in a month of Sundays did I expect this - sensational! Can't wait!

(As for agonising - I still haven't settled on a build - although I may fill in the missing decades...).

• Profile Photo

Interesting choice David, I look forward to seeing this take shape, I built this many years ago, long gone now, I have another in the stash !

• Profile Photo

Paul here are some more previous builds, Mosquito NF 2 456 Sqn 1943, Spitfire 5b 452 Sqn 1941, Spitfire 9c 453 Sqn 1945.

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Wow Allan, you are owning this section - fantastic - loving that we are getting a little variety in the Spits - I wonder how many we will get in the end? Nice to see Paddy Finucane's Vb - beautifully done!

• Profile Photo
    David Mills said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Hello,
    Thanks for starting the GB - I have any number of things that I would like to build - but will kick off with the Special Hobby 1/32 Hawker Tempest V and simultaneously of course, the Revell 1/144 Hawker Tempest V !

• Profile Photo

Fantastic David - a pair of Tempest Vs! I will add them to the list - thank you!

• Profile Photo

Paul, the postman dropped these off today, will fill another spot in your timeline !

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Sensational Allan, you are prolific! This is exactly the kind of contribution I'd pictured when the GB came to mind - definitely taking the path less followed! I am excited to see another decade filled. I think I could probably cover 20s and 80s with new builds if it comes to it - but the struggle might be to represent the years between the wars in previous builds ( I'm assuming someone will dig out a WW1 non RFC build from their back catalogue at some point). Time will tell!

• Profile Photo
    Bill Ferrante said 6 years, 1 month ago:

I would like to contribute a 1/72 Airfix Gloster Gladiator.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Bill, I look forward to it greatly. A great choice! The Gladiator is a true icon! I will put it into the 30s category - unless you have decided to build a specific plane from a later decade.