Miles Magister Mk1, L5916, CFS RAF Upavon Wiltshire England 1937.

• 10 posts
  • Last reply 2 months, 1 week ago
  • 1/72, aerobatic, CFS, Magister, Miles, RAF
Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 posts
  • Allan J Withers said 3 months, 2 weeks ago:

Just starting this one, doing my RAAF version at the same time, the kit has decals for this but I need to scratch build a copy of the resin rudder from the CFS build, ——- a little interior green paint on both !!

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Allan, not one, but two! Neat little airplane, I see belatedly it looks like a Tiger Moth, without the top wing! I have the old Frog kit someplace. Trainers are an interest of mine. Glad to see RS decided to do some. Be nice to have a new Proctor, for instance, or an Ox Box.

• paul teixeira said 3 months, 1 week ago:

That is one neat little airplane model….I want one! Look forward to seeing this finished. I dont think I ever saw this plane before.

• Tom Cleaver said 3 months, 1 week ago:

It’s a nice kit. Here’s my result.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Allan J Withers said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Bernard, there is this AZ Oxford and a future release of a Vega Gull by Dora Wings, ———–

thanks Paul, ——— looks good Tom, has character !!

• Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Thanks, Allan! Be a nice addition to my station flight.

• Paul Barber said 3 months, 1 week ago:

It is such a delicate looking plane, Allan. Desperate times need desperate measures as the saying goes, but the idea of this being lined up as a bomber in the face of an invasion just seems hard to believe. Still, we also had the home guard and schemes for recycling metal railings for munitions. Great choice – and good to see the Aussie version going together in tandem!

• Greg Kittinger said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Looks like a fun kit to build! I look forward to it. You doing that red/yellow scheme or the camo top?

• Allan J Withers said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Thanks Paul, ———–

Thanks Greg, the CFS display aircraft of course !! and only one option for the RAAF version !!

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Allan J Withers said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Bulkheads in one side and another coat of paint !!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 posts