Vickers Valiant B1, WP209, 138 Sqn RAF, 1 ATU RAAF, Woomera SA 1956.

Started by Allan J Withers · 120 · 5 years ago · 1/72, Airfix, atomic, Australia, RAF, Vickers
  • Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 8 months ago:

Again, just looking at the 'before and after' of the second of these photos shows the difference the attention to detail makes.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 8 months ago:

Thanks Paul, the inlets are cleaning up OK and a bit of modification to the exhausts !

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Molded ridge removed from the under side transparency !

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 8 months ago:

Clear parts are my nemesis at present Allan! The Lysander is becoming hard work! So good to see some expert treatment of the transparent plastic going on here!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Paul, they are difficult to work with at times, I had the canopy on then remembered I had some paint to touch up, so while it was off I took a couple of pic's, canopy back on with Future and the ailerons on the wing !

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 7 months ago:

While checking my reference I noticed the tail was the wrong shape so I trimmed it back and filled the gap with a wedge of plastic sheet !

• Profile Photo

Modifying the nose leg, cut away the over size plastic and add some alloy tube with piano wire !

• Profile Photo
    David Mills said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Great to see the attention to detail and all the extra little touches, like the jet nozzles Allan.
    Nice work I am looking forward to seeing it all come together

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 7 months ago:

That attention to detail and confidence to cut away plastic and add in scratch parts sets your work apart, Allan. Great stuff as ever!

• Profile Photo

Thanks David, the plastic bits are just too thick ! -----------------

Thanks Paul, I saw somewhere that the nose leg is too long so it may need some adjustment !

• Profile Photo

Looking at reference pic's I think the nose leg is just about right ! and the first bit of paint on the bomb.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Like the others have mentioned about this one. It's the details that set it apart from the rest. I also am in awe when it comes to the transparent parts on all of your builds. They look wonderful Allan.

Thanks for sharing this update with us.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Louis, the clear bits aren't always as good as they look in the pics !

• Profile Photo
    IAN JACKSON said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Keep the faith, Allan you're doin' great !

Ian (waving from across the ditch).

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Coming along very well Allan, been following along quietly, but really had to mention how well this is coming along, I don't have the Valiant but I do have the Revell/Matchbox Victor K2 with the High Flight update set and is quite extensive in detail with those added bits, that will be a long term project. Despite that I am so impressed with your progress I might go get the Airfix Victor as well. Quite motivating.