1/48 Monogram P-39 Airacobra, 42nd Pursuit Squadron, Alaska

Started by Tom Bebout · 20 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 6 years, 10 months ago:

Huston we have lift off. Got the dull coat on, painted the navigation lights. added the wheels and tank plus some artist chalk for exhaust stains.Some how I broke the original cannon off so I replaced it with some aluminum tube to represent the 37mm cannon. This A/C was equipped with that cannon. Add some antenna wire from nylon thread and presto change-o we have a Monogram P-39.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 10 months ago:

Very nice Tom ! Man you were not playing around with this one. It went together in record time.

BTW, I just had my Ghost Squadron P-39 back out ... and I took another look at your white tailed P-39 in your build section. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Now you got me thinking again. Dang it.

(It would look really good sitting next to my Col. Neal Kirby's white tailed P-47 "Fiery Ginger" ...).

This one with the "engine in the middle" really looks sharp ! Thanks again.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 6 years, 10 months ago:

Not a lot of parts so it goes together rather fast. Just trying to keep up with the Iron Works you started.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 6 years, 10 months ago:

Looks good Tom, quick build. As you said, out of the box builds rather quickly, goes together well once the cockpit is in.

• Profile Photo
    David Mills said 6 years, 10 months ago:

Nice finish Tom - great build and in record time!
    IMHO That is something other manufacturers could learn from Monogram is the ability to put together a good looking kit without having zillions of parts.
    Thank Tom great work