Thanks Louis! Another bonus of that technique is that it helps you getting to know your airbrush – after painting tiny spots and squiggles on a couple of airframes one really gets used to controlling paint flow and air pressure:-)
So, I guess that build is finished! I used a mix of kit decals and markings from the spares box to create a rather generic Wildcat from Hornet’s VF-8. After these were sealed, I started weathering with Ammo panel line washes (mostly medium grey with some dark brown and black).
Of course it was only after that I noticed I had forgot to paint the walkways, so I had to be careful with masking as to not destroy any decals. The walkways themselves were sprayed with a very dark grey, weathered with dust pigments.
In some reference book I had found quite an interesting picture of a Wildcat’s propeller. The prop blades looked rather clean and new, the cuffs, however, were heavily chipped. So I decided to go with that for a change.
Finally, the aerials are UvdR rigging material. This stuff is incredibly easy to use, the only thing you need is a pair of good tweezers. And sharp eyesight…
4 attached images. Click to enlarge.