Mitsubishi, A6M2, Model 21, Type '0', Reisen

Started by Frederick J Seitz III · 8 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Frederick J Seitz III said 6 years, 7 months ago:

Pictures to come shortly, almost ready to be painted! (As soon as I get the Eduard masks that is).
    I used the 1:48 scale Hasegawa kit.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 6 years, 7 months ago:

Looking forward to seeing it, the suspense is killing me!

• Profile Photo
    Frederick J Seitz III said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Here they are Chuck! Kit is painted, decaled and sealed. Now it's on to the weathering and fiddley bits!

Markings are those for an A6M2, from IJN Soryu, Flown by Po1c Sugiyama Takeo, during the Battle of Midway.

13 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 6 months ago:

The Zero is coming along great ! Looks good.

• Profile Photo
    Frederick J Seitz III said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Finally finished with this one! Hasegawa 1:48 scale A6M2b

Overall a decent model, and the best in the scale of this particular A6M...(Until Tamiya does a new tool...come on Tamiya...Please?)
    Like I said, in whole, a pleasant build but I must admit I was a wee bit disappointed with the wing root fit. Front or rear, it could have been done better, and that's the whole issue with the kit in a nutshell.
    Paint is Model Master SAC Bomber Tan. Decals are a combination off the kit, and spares.
    I know, it's about time!

10 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Freddy don't you like it when a plan finally comes together. Or should I state a model? Looks good buddy, better late than never.

• Profile Photo
    Frederick J Seitz III said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Actually Tom, it is awesome when that happens! 😉

I just like to share my build experience with others, so they know what may lay ahead. As far as my tardiness in getting her in on time for the group build,...life happens. I do plan on building another, possibly the A6M3, Model 32, "Hamp"
    Merry Christmas to you and your family Tom, and a Happy and Healthy New Year as well!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Thanks Freddie for posting this one up... and for sharing your experiences with the build. Your A6M turned out great.

Merry Christmas to you too buddy... and a Happy / Healthy New Year. Filled with lots of plastic building...