My US aerobatic team aircraft to date.

Started by Allan J Withers · 12 · 2 years ago · 1/72, aerobatic
  • Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 7 years, 9 months ago:

Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat, Grumman F9F-8 Cougar, General Dynamics F16 A Falcon, Martin B57 B Canberra, Republic F84 E-10-RE Thunderjet, McDonnell Douglas F 4J Phantom 2, Grumman F 11A Tiger.

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 7 years, 9 months ago:

They look great ,have a cougar in the stash got the Blue's decals also I think you've inspired me . What team was the B-57 part of, and what's the kit?

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 7 years, 9 months ago:

Allan, brilliant selection of display teams.
    The B-57 is one I've never seen done before. Team was when the USAF were still in France- out of Laon? I'll bet that was a sight, seeing 4 of them go thru their paces. I did see the Martin test pilot do a show in one back at a family day in the 50s. Surprisingly agile for a twin.
    Are you aiming for a complete set of Blue Angel aircraft? I saw the Phantom.
    Nice Thunderjet and F-16, also.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 7 years, 9 months ago:

Thanks Robert, the Hasegawa kit came with the Blues option, the B57 is Airfix, Black Knights - 38th Bomb Wing USAFE 1956. Thanks Bernard, yes I hope to do them all, I have most in the stash.

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 7 years, 3 months ago:

Allan, good to see them again! Gonna do an F-11-F in Blues? And an F8F?
    Soft spot for the F11F- I saw the Blues fly a show in them at Pax in '67. Plus, I really like the airplane! Another 'un that didn't quite, but nice, nice lines!

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 7 years, 3 months ago:

Thanks Bernard, yes I have those in the stash with Blues decals, also an A4 and F18, so many kits, so little time.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 7 years, 3 months ago:

Huh! I never know there was a demonstration team that flew B-57's. Any idea when, where and for how long?

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 7 years, 3 months ago:

Hi Craig, Black Knights, 38th Bombardment Wing USAFE, Laon Air Base France, 1954 to 1958.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Another Blues, Grumman F 11A Tiger, 1/72 Hasegawa, YotC group build.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 2 years, 11 months ago:

An old build, my first and only Thunderbirds so far, 1/72, GD F 16A, Hasegawa / Italeri.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Already admired in the Headlines, this is a superb Thunderbird, my friend @kalamazoo!
    Your "Aerobatic" GB is spectacular; hope I will add another entry soon!

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Thank you for your interest Spiros my friend.