Today was a productive day at the “Iron Works”……………… Even though this isn’t a Grumman, it was heavy.
I focused mainly on the hull. So far the fit has been spot on.
Here is how the rear looks right now. The air cleaners, track tensioners, rear grill doors, tow pintle and rear idlers have been installed.
On the front end of the hull, I installed the three piece casting that covered the transmission on the real one. Here you can also see the sprockets, and tow attachment points have been attached now.
This is an overall side view of the lower section of the hull. I have yet to add the suspension bits. These still have to be assembled.
On to the upper hull section:
This photo shows the rear upper deck, with the tail lights and guards added. The engine covers have also been installed. I’m leaving off the OVM tools until after the OD Green has been sprayed on.
Here’s a close up of the front portion of the upper hull. I decided to add a crew this time, even though my figure painting skills leave a lot to be desired……………….
In this photo you can see the bow gun, headlights and guards, along with the hatches in the open position.
This picture shows the upper and lower hull mocked into position. These parts will not get glued together just yet…………
It is starting to look like a Sherman !!! I’m stoked.
The only thing I don’t like about this kit is the open area under the side sponsons. The area that is just above the tracks……………… It can be seen very easily in this photo.
But once the track has been installed, and the side skirts added, hopefully this will not be too noticeable.
Please stay tuned for future updates. Thanks for following along so far.
As usual, comments are encouraged.