1/48 Fujimi Bf 110C

Started by Tom Bebout · 13 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Picked this kit up at a show in a bag for $3.00. No decals but it appears to be complete. Scored a True Details cockpit recently along with some wheels and decals. Will build it as a BF-110C, "Yellow M", III/ZG, North Africa, as depicted in the AeroMaster sheet. Never build a 110 let alone a Fujimi kit, so this will be interesting to say the least. If this doesn't work out I have two fall backs, a Spit MK Vb trop or a F-6A Mustang. If time permits I'll try to finish all three.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    David A. Thomas said 6 years, 6 months ago:

If you finish all three I'll eat my hat. With spicy mustard. Thanks, Thomas!

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Tom, you're probably better off without the decals, at this point. You've got the aftermarket interior, which will be a lot better than the kits. It's not a bad kit, and for $3 it's a deal! I've got one, someplace if you need anything.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Looks like you made a great score there Tom ! I have about 4 of these Fujimi Bf-110 kits in the stash too, and ironically I had a few of them out looking at them the other night... So I'll be following along closely. If you run into any problems during the build or run across anything to watch out for, could you please post something about it ? I have never built a Bf-110 in 1/48 scale, but have been thinking about doing so recently.

I don't think I would use the kit supplied "belly tank" as it looks rather hideous... but it served a purpose though.

I would really like to see you get all three kits done... I know you can do it from your work during the Midway Group Build.

David, you may want to pick your favorite spicy mustard... 🙂 🙂 🙂

Tom's that good !

Thanks again David for starting this Group Build . It's going to be fun for all.

• Profile Photo

And what type of hat would that be David?

• Profile Photo

Thanks Bernard for the offer, If I run short of something I'll let you know. Never know about those bagged kits, seems there's always something missing. Thanks for the compliment Louis, but "that good" is such a relative term. Maybe we should start a fund to buy David a hat to eat.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Looking forward to see you start on this Tom, I have this kit as well, in fact for a good long time. It was the only game in town for many years in this scale until Revell/Monogram came out with theirs as well the ProModeler "G". I have picked some AM items for it as the interior is sparse, Mauve and Eduards are the others with 110's. May have gone with this myself, depends I might still in how quick the D.520 comes along.

• Profile Photo
    David A. Thomas said 6 years, 6 months ago:

This one:

It's not good for anything else...

• Profile Photo

Perfect

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years, 5 months ago:

The Mauve kit is a Fujimi with aftermarket parts to make it into a "G". That was before Revell came out with theirs. I looked at the (then) price on the only one I ever saw, and walked away. Glad I waited.

Other than the sparse interior, I saw issues with the shapes of the wing tips (too square) and the nose, which just looked "off" to me. The dachelback (?) belly tank is for the long range C or D, which was not a success- Ka-boom! The Zeppelin long range tanks for the wings are also supposed to be off in shape. I'll bet it was fun taking off with a full combat load, and them.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Nash said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Hi Tom - I built 3 of these Fujimi 110s about 10 years ago before anyone else I found had one in 1/48 scale. There's a couple of posts of the completed models on this site. The kit produces a credible model as is but is certainly tweakable with add-ons, some of which you have but the cockpit tub is probably where you'll spend most of yout time, adding wiring, seat belts and other twiddly bits. All the ones I built were Battle of Britain era rather than Western Desert like the one illustrated here.

Paul

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Thanks Paul for the input, the ones you've posted very good to me. Should start on her shortly and I'll post pics of my progress. Thanks

Tom

• Profile Photo
    Lee Fogel said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Tom, that's a fine deal for $3 and you will do it justice! The TD cockpit makes a huge difference. I recommend replacing the main wheels as well with TD ones (or someone's Cyberhobby or Eduard leftovers). The tail is a tad small and the wingtips are not 'quite' right but really that's just not a big deal. The fit is very good and the exterior detail is fine and understated. Looking forward to your build, sir!