1/72 Italeri MC.202 Folgore and 1/72 Airfix Ju.87 B-2/R2 Stuka

Started by Ferry Dierckxsens · 55 · 6 years ago · Airfix, Folgore, Italeri, Ju87, MC202, Stuka
  • Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years ago:

Excellent stuff Ferry, this has been a great tutorial - really innovative work with that mask - an unqualified success!

• Profile Photo
    Alfredo Cofré said 6 years ago:

I have this same Folgore in my short list, maybe in 3rd or 4th building priority... I love the shape of the plane but I fear Italeri plastic, and definitely the painting scheme is challenging.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 6 years ago:

Folgore is looking great! Nice work on the splotches painting.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 6 years ago:

VERY nice work, Ferry! I had heard about the plane Louis mentioned, but not the Folgore. Making one winger longer that the other to counteract torque - that's pretty ingenious.

I also like the way you did the Stuka's camo. The first time I looked at the photos, I didn't see the European camo underneath the hand-painted desert camo. The camo on the MC.202 is done really well, my friend. You should be proud!

Bravo!

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 6 years ago:

Smart solution this mask, the result on the Macchi looks terrific! Well done Ferry, gefeliciteerd!

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years ago:

Thanks guys! Much appreciated. On the home stretch now with the Macchi, getting the decals on and the final details.

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years ago:

So there we have it. The Macchi MC202 is ready for display. I will make a headline posting later with some "official" photos and more details about the real aircraft and pilot. It was great to be part of this GB with two aircraft finished now, I can finaly finish my Mirage for the "Cat group"and start with the RAF builds.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    David A. Thomas said 6 years ago:

Ferry, I am SO pleased and grateful for your input. We are few but mighty in the KP GB! Amazing work!

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 6 years ago:

Masterful, Ferry. It never fails to amaze me that in the right hands a lump of grey plastic can become a creative, sometimes beautiful, representation of a piece of history. And boy, are you the right hands. Very, very well done.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years ago:

Amazing work indeed... Had I not known the scale of this plane beforehand, I would have guessed it to be the larger 1/48 "cousin"... I'm looking forward to the reveal... 🙂