Dragon Tiger I ”Tunisian Initial” in 1:35 (#6608) S.Pz.Abt. 501 Tunisia 1943

Started by Michel Verschuere · 69 · 4 years ago · Alignment, Dragon, Initial, Kasserine, Panzer V, Pzkpfw 5, Tiger I, Tunisia
  • Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Thanks David, a physicist myself, I just couldn't stand a tree that doesn't look like the real thing 🙂
    Glad you like my entry!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 1 month ago:

This is looking great Michel ! I don't know how you guys can scratch build dioramas like you do... That is some serious talent there. I like what I'm seeing ...

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Trees, tanks, trucks, bases, what next? Great stuff!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Awesome, simply awesome.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Looking incredible!

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Ah, there goes more hard earned cash in the name of 'research'...

• Profile Photo

Michel, regarding the amazing tree, I was tempted to ask, "where are the nuts..."

...then remembered we are all probably busy building and typing.

• Profile Photo

@David: Spielbergers' books are something like the bible for builders of German armor. Seems like - in the short period you spent with our tribe - you really got the feel for our way of life! Welcome home mate, I always knew we could convert you! 😉

• Profile Photo

I'm not only converted to tanks, Michel, I've also gotten a bug for dioramas over the last year. I find it hard to think of planning a build without thinking of it as a project. I'm working (slowly) on three distinct dios at the moment and have a cunning idea for a fourth that I'm researching. It's all added very different dimensions to my modeling and for sure it's stretched my comfort zone, plus I've learned a lot.

I'll call myself one of the tribe when the Tiger (and the camel) is finished.

• Profile Photo

Only you can motivate things like that David!

• Profile Photo

Hi chaps,
    Here is an update. I more or less finished the Tiger now. Left to add is the toolbox, decals and some paint retouching and of course final Weathering.

@Louis, there were a few errors in the instructions especially when the wheels are added (48 pcs :(). I'll report on it in the main reveal, if more urgent you can drop me a PM.

Main task left is the figures. They are built already (6 pcs in total) but they need cleanup. They come from Tamiya, Zvezda and Dragon figure kits.

--- pic7 not found ---

Hope you like the progress so far!

Happy modeling, Michel.

3 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Looking good Michel.

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Fantastic work Michel! I've been reading your progress report on the Tiger and diorama and it's super. On the final stretch I think with the figures in the making. Looking forward to the end result.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 1 month ago:

What a difference in size ! Looks like you nailed the DAK colors too... Looks great Michel. It shouldn't be too much longer now...

• Profile Photo

Thanks Ferry and Louis, I added the decals and will seal the Tiger now with some dullcote, after which I weather the machine a bit. Glad you like the progress so far. The figures will still be quite a job however. Take care my friends!