My Newish Modeling Room; A work in progress

• 5 posts
  • Last reply 1 year ago
Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts
  • George Henderson said 1 year, 1 month ago:

The last of my kids finally moved out so I chose the opportunity to move everything into the playroom they used. First photo show my old computer desk, now command central. One thing I like about this is the sliding keyboard shelf. I can keep the sprues and instructions here clear of the disaster you see on the top. The second photo shows my spray booth. I worked in a papermill for 22yrs. until the crap hit the fan in ’08 and had always eyed this up. It was used for removing moisture from pulp samples. The exhaust is a wee bit of overkill, the outlet has enough power to inflate the Hindenburg in 38 seconds. As I only use acrylics, I have a spare pillow case over the exhaust to catch any paint over spray and if my wife ever reads this, I do not have one of your spare pillow cases over the exhaust. To the right is a small table holding the majority of my paints. This is part of the work in progress, shelving to hold the paints. The final pic is my wall of shame, 100+ 1/48 kits

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Tom Bebout said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Love it,organized chaos. I see a lot of similarities here George. Now i know where that missing pillow case disappeared to.

• david leigh-smith said 1 year ago:

Organised chaos; don’t give me those negative waves. Beautiful, baby.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Craig Abrahamson said 1 year ago:

I like how you’ve incorporated the unit into a corner piece – probably gives ya more room, actually.

• Greg Kittinger said 1 year ago:

I’m just waiting on my kids to grow up and move on, so I can pull the same strategy! Will have to arm wrestle with my wife over it though, so I think I’ll leave her pillow cases alone for now…

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts