Study redux

• 7 posts
  • Last reply 1 year, 1 month ago
Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 posts
  • Gary Brantley said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Back in early December ’16, we bought a Harbor Freight workbench for my study. It replaced an old “tete-a-tete” that had originally been outdoor furniture, and one that did take up a fair amount of room in there. That space had become so crowded and cluttered that I just didn’t even enjoy going in there that much. The room does “double duty” as a modeling room and also a place for some of my firearms and assorted accoutrements associated with that hobby.

I decided to streamline the room somewhat, removing quite a lot of ammunition and other jetsam and flotsam. I built a tool-stand, rearranged my work area, added some plywood to my worktable’s top, and before I knew it, voila, I had some much needed space. It’s much more inviting now, and it’s really helped to re-motivate my scale modeling efforts. I really enjoy the room now. I really like that new workbench too. It has come in handy for many uses and it does look nice too. Oh, the room is still sort of cluttered but believe it or not, I do know where “almost” everything is located. But I’m afraid it would still drive an ADHD person to distraction though :).

I took some pics of the study to show how it turned out. If you have comments or questions, please feel free to share them!

24 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Craig Abrahamson said 1 year, 3 months ago:

“…the room is still sort of cluttered…” – Still “sort of” cluttered? I’d have liked to have seen what it looked like when it WAS “cluttered”. If you ever REALLY straighten it out and UN-clutter it, you’ll never find anything, dude! LOL 🙂 🙂

• david leigh-smith said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Wow, Gary, that is stunning. Love the eclectic mix of your interests – music, history, planes, bikes, and a small arsenal. I can see why you are enjoying the room!

🙂 heh heh, well, it was a little worse before. You’re exactly right though Craig, if I had to clear it all out for some reason, I’d never get it back in the same places. Hey, that’s reason enough to put off painting that room now that I’m retired. 🙂

Thanks so much David! I guess there is a pretty interesting mixture going on. In person, I would have a story for just about everything, I assure you ;). Yes, I am enjoying it, and really should still be spending more time in there. I expect the muse will strike again soon. Thanks again!

• Greg Kittinger said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Lovely display of a) organized chaos (I do subscribe to chaos theory – just don’t ask me what it means…!), and b) passion.

• Gary Brantley said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Thank you Greg! I have a passion for organized chaos. It’s true and I’m not kidding! 🙂

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 posts