T.M.W.C.F.K. club (Those Modellers Who Cant Finish a Kit)

• 9 posts
  • Last reply 9 months, 3 weeks ago
Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 posts
  • kloster zero said 11 months ago:

After having started 2 DH 89 kits (1/72) one Me 109 tamiya one airfix ship (1/1200) and a historex 54mm dragoon all unfinished I created the TMWCFK club and became the president of the un-finishers.
    Theres news : given the size of my stash getting older and fatter (like me)I am creating a new branch :
    The T.M.W.C.S.K. club : “Those Modellers Who Cant Start a Kit”. Presidency is vacant…

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Craig Abrahamson said 11 months ago:

Although not a problem in the past (I was always accused of finishing builds ‘too fast’), I find myself doing more buying than building as of late. Therefore, I wanna toss my hat into the ring and vie for the newly formed opening of T.M.W.C.S.K. Vote early and vote often. 🙂

• kloster zero said 11 months ago:

Hi Craig
    I think it’s only fair that the guy with the biggest stash should assume the management of the club.
    I ‘ve seen some very serious candidates here who seem to have a model store at home…

• Craig Abrahamson said 11 months ago:

Well….that certainly eliminates ME, then. I’ve got less than 20 or so. 🙁

• Greg Kittinger said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

I’m NOT stating the size of my stash, just in case of a leak to my wife…

• david leigh-smith said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

It’s not about size, it’s about what you don’t do with it!

• David A. Thomas said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

I remember getting Monograms B-17G (1:48) as a gift and I built it in one day. I can remember when “patience” meant working on something for a week.

Now I’ve got models I couldn’t live without and I’ve been staring at the boxes for two years. I get them out and look at them from time to time to create the illusion of progress.

• Albert Marshall Hornby said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

Hi All, I have a lot of kits, but even more wood kits before plastic came out!
    Marsh.

• Jeff Bailey said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

Count me in. I have probably 35-55 kits just waiting to be built – most of which were new in the 1970s, but a few from the 60s, like the original 1/48 Monogram Navy planes. Until Tom Bebout gave me an F6F Hellcat kit (1/72) that I started a couple months ago, I haven’t done any modeling (and very little buying) since 1978 or ’79. I also belong to the “Never Do Today What You Can put Off ‘Till Tomorrow” club. At the rate I’m going, I’ll have to live to be about 350 yrs old to finish what I already have, let alone any new ones! Heck, I even sold my stash of 1/72 plane kits (about 85-100) years ago when I decided to go mostly with 1/48th scale.

😉

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 posts