The new command centre!

• 8 posts
  • Last reply 1 year, 5 months ago
Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 posts
  • Richard Mcstay said 1 year, 5 months ago:

I’ve not been building much recently with the house move and all that. It’s been mostly decorating and DIY but I’ve finally got the new command centre up and running!
    It features an old technics system for my heavy metal, and a tv connected up to you tube for watching modelling tutorials, things going really fast, and Slayer live etc! Stephen has his terrarium in the corner and there is also a couch for guests, not that I ever get any…
    I put the shelves up myself, just to give me something to do when I have to put all my bikes back together after they have came down again!
    This is where i will be mostly drinking my beers now I think!

I have been using a company called Striking Displays in my battle against the dust. They do custom sized cases and are really competitively priced, the cheapest I have found online and a really product.
    My original plan was to put them all up on the wall, but realistically I think the big ones will be too heavy and awkward. I’m going to get some clear bases for them with my next order to let as much light in as possible and create a cabinet effect.
    If anyone wants to get a quote, its [email protected] .
    Right then, I have a Harrier to build!

• Craig Abrahamson said 1 year, 5 months ago:

That is a top-notch setup you’ve got there, Richard….wish mine was as neat and organized. What’s in the terrarium? 🙁

• Simon Whitney said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Great cave there Richard.
    Looks very plush indeed.
    And somewhere to have a beer too.

Cheers Craig, I try to work organised. Try being the operative word there!
    It’s my scorpion Stephen in the terrarium. He seems to have burrowed in for the winter though. Hopefully the warmer weather will bring him back out soon!
    Cheers Simon, I’ve tried my best with it! I think a few more Metallica posters would work on the mirrors though!

• Allan J Withers said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Great looking modeling area Richard, and Stephen to keep you company !

• George Henderson said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Very nice set-up and way too neat. I love that you have a window for natural light at you desk. Why am I typing on this side now, I’m left handed dammit?

• Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Richard, that really looks good! Nice to have natural light, too. And the completed ones are under cover, even better.
    That said, I’m wondering how long your modeling desk will look that pristine.

Thanks guys! I’ll try and keep it tidy, I promise! The beer bottles keep building up though…

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 posts