WW2 Diorama

Started by jim wasley · 6 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    jim wasley said 6 years, 11 months ago:

High everyone hope you dont mind me dropping in I have been building this figure dio for many years its one of those projects you dig out work on and put away and come back to it when mood takes,It has been through 3 moves,most of it was in a box,then my last move I hope,may be next move I will be in a box, I was sick of looking at the figures scattered on the bottom and getting damaged so one day I bit the bullet and said this is it and placed all the figures in place,since I have added more figures,The idea came to me when I saw a B/W photo of hundreds of Germans being marched back to Russia,very few of them ever to return,I know I still have a lot of detail to do on most figures but I thought this was the push to bring it to an end,never an untrue word said!well its still unfinished,so I thought you guys might be able to push me along,any comments are welcome if something I have missed or you feel a change may improve it,and know wise cracks that guy is milking a female goat,being a city boy I know milk comes in a bottle and not from cows Ha Ha.please look and any comments are welcome.Cheers Jim.

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 6 years, 11 months ago:

It's apparent a lot of thought went into this scene...nice job.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Craig,just taking to long.

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years, 11 months ago:

Jim, most importantly, this tells a story. The Germans did horrible things to their Russian prisoners. Now, it's the Russians turn. No pity in War. Great use of the figures, while not too crowded. I've never seen a goat milked in a diorama, ever. Nice touch, I'm a city boy, myself.

• Profile Photo

Yes us city boys must stick together,sad as there was some terrible things done all round in all wars.

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 6 years, 10 months ago:

Very nice setting!