Recently restarted from my shelf of DOOM!!

Started by · 11 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    said 6 years, 3 months ago:

I dragged these down from the shelf of doom today and got a fair bit done on each of them. 1 /72 YB49 and XB70. And 1/48 Airfix Mossie. They need finishing so no more shelf sitting. There are others scattered around In boxes that I started years ago. I will finish these first.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Now that will keep you busy for quite a while Anthony. Have some fun as well as you clear out the dreaded shelf of doom.

• Profile Photo

Hi Tom. Cheers. Yeah they are all quite a challenge in varied ways. Great way to relearn old skills as its twenty plus years scince i built aircraft. They are a world away from ships and armour and speaking for myself i find them more challenging. That said i havent built any of the newer aircraft kits mine are all pretty old and fit is mostly dodgy. I guess i will to try a newer kit to see how they have moved on. I also started a Suzuki katana yesterday so four models in one day is a first for me but quite enjoyable. I need to add a ship as i already have armour on the go too.

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Nice to see you finishing those kits Anthony, I have simple rule where the hobby is concerned ,once I start a kit I don't move on to anything else until it's finished, even if I run out of enthusiasm I just keep plugging away so no shelf of doom in my mancave, that Mossie looks great already.
    N.

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 6 years, 3 months ago:

That's the attitude, don't leave any kit unfinished. Either do so or burn it ritually! 🙂

• Profile Photo

Hi Neil. Cheers. Yeah that was how i used to do it then i lost interest. Lost my mojo. Gradually the unfinished models list got larger as i searched for something to relight my fire and eventually i gave up altogether. I still struggle to finish anything but i am determined to get it done and so far so good. Cheers Anthony.

• Profile Photo

Hi Michel. Yeah i will finish them thats partly why i posted to make me finish them. Cheers Anthony.

• Profile Photo

Got some more done today. XB 70 primed.

• Profile Photo

Got a little of the bike done as well as XB 70.

• Profile Photo
    said 6 years, 2 months ago:

I got a little more done on the XB 70. Hope to finish in next few days. Though i need to get a stand of some kind for it.

• Profile Photo
    said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Some progress