Star wars movies- vehicle/ships kits

Started by neil foster · 9 · 7 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    neil foster said 7 years, 4 months ago:

Well I just got home from watching Rogue one and I have to say I believe it to be the best one since the original movie "A new hope" ,but can anyone tell me why there are so few kits available for these iconic designs, as far as I know the only decent kits are the Finemolds offerings and they are as rare as rocking horse poop in the U.K. and pricey as well ,how come there aren't much more quality kits available ?
    N.

• Profile Photo
    Carl Christensen said 7 years, 3 months ago:

I don't really do Sci-Fi but have made 2 star wars kits, one the old AMT Snowspeeder kit that I finished last year after having it for 20, the other was a Bandai X-Wing. I have to say, look at the Bandai kits, they are very good with excellent detail. I have also ordered the Tie-Fighter as I enjoyed the X-Wing build so much. I see Dragon have 1/35 At-At but it would be massive model when finished. Will be interesting to see if they bring out any other Star was stuff too.

• Profile Photo

Both my Star wars models are on this site.

• Profile Photo
    Josh Patterson said 7 years, 3 months ago:

Yes, Carl is correct. The Bandai kits look very nice and the AT-ST looks like a winner. (And large in 1/48 scale.) I only hope they bring out an AT-AT to scale! The Revell walker from a few years back is quite large, probably close to scale to MPC's old AT-ST, but needs attention to the head to make it look right. I know what you mean about the Fine Molds kits. I have the TIE Fighter (nice) and the Millenium Falcon which is the one you really should try to find. Looks fabulous presented in the box and I almost don't want to build mine, but pretty much every detail on the hull is a separate part! Daunting to say the least. There is also a subscription build at $60 a month where they send you a group of parts every week for around a year. I hear it's quite large when completed and am tempted!

• Profile Photo
    Josh Patterson said 7 years, 3 months ago:

P..S. Neil, work still continues on my B-29. Covering it in foil was not one of my brighter ideas. It's a bit of work, but seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 7 years, 3 months ago:

Looking forward to seeing it finished Josh.

• Profile Photo

My Finemolds X-Wing is on here as well.
    N.

• Profile Photo

Just looked it up, very nice job. In fact you have a lot of nice builds on here, nice work.

• Profile Photo

Thanks for looking Carl, that X-wing is one of my favourite builds.
    N.