Supermarine S 6B, S1595.

Started by Allan J Withers · 7 · 6 years ago · 1/72, Eastern Express, RAF, Schneider trophy, Supermarine
  • Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Flown by Flt Lt J. N. Boothman of RAF High Speed Flight in 1931 Schneider Trophy at Calshot England.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Allan, Airfix? Frog Looks really nice!

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Didn't Hawk, Lindberg, or one of the smaller companies make one of these "back in the day?" I'm pretty sure I have a re-box done by Testors in my stash.

Excellent aircraft & model. You've done it beautifully, Allan!

• Profile Photo

Jeff, Hawk had a 1/48th Supermarine S6B in their racers series. Gee Bee, Laird Solution, Mystery Ship, Pete, Mr. Mulligan, Curtiss RC-3 (landing gear early, floats later) I dunno if Testors released any after they took over the Hawk molds.The later issues had a pylon you could use as a base. Travelairs Mystery Ship was IMHO the best of them.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Thanks Bernard,-------------Jeffry,--------------Eastern express !

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Thanks, Bernie. You just confirmed my suspicions - I actually have all ( I THINK all - reboxed) of those models waiting for me to get off my a .. er, butt and work on them.

Allan, you're doing GREAT! The supermarine racer & the Italian planes always looked like what I thought "Fast" planes SHOULD look like. Since the Spit is considered a direct decendent of these types of racers, it's probably why I think the Spitfire looks so good!

• Profile Photo

I always liked that Italian one, painted red, wildest floatplane I've seen. I think Artiplast had one in their standard 1/50th. Their stuff was basic. but unusual.