Anyone experienced a problem saving comments?

Started by Site Administrator · 19 · 7 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 7 years, 7 months ago:

Wonder if anyone witnessed any problem when saving a comment, such as the page "hanging" indefinitely after pressing the "Post comment" button, such as this?

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 7 years, 7 months ago:

Haven't seen that one, Martin...everything seems to be working "as advertised" here.

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 7 years, 7 months ago:

Been a bit slow, but other than that , no.
    I will keep my eyes open though.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 7 years, 7 months ago:

Yes, just a bit slow, but gets there eventually.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 7 years, 7 months ago:

It happens quite often, but usually posts eventually after pressing the F5 button, in fact, I have to press the F5 button to make anything happen, from accessing the site in the first place, signing in, looking at someone's posting, etc... it's been like this for a while now and I assumed it was a local issue, but it's definitely getting worse, and, unfortunately, the new server doesn't seem to have made any difference.

• Profile Photo
    Rob Pollock said 7 years, 7 months ago:

Control + F5 is used to clear a cache, so not a bad thing to ensure you're looking at the current state of affairs.

Since the changeover there's a delay of about 40 seconds for me, after posting a comment before it actually appears within the feature.

• Profile Photo

40 seconds is definitely too long, especially if this delay is particular to comments. Yesterday we have found & fixed what might be the source of the delay, so pls keep us posted

• Profile Photo

Same here...posting a comment under a build takes longer than it used to.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 7 years, 7 months ago:

Still happening, I usually jump start it by going back to headlines after commenting.

• Profile Photo

OK, here's another attempt to solve the problem. We discovered a badly configured email server - the saving of the actual comment was saved as requested, but when trying to send an email notification about it the system would fail and time out causing the holdup. The side effect was that no email notification were leaving the system for the last five days.

We have fixed the problem and don't seem to be getting any delays or lockups now.
    Hope this solves everyone's problem, too, otherwise pls keep us posted.

• Profile Photo

Good morning, Martin, (it's 8:15 am here in China!), it's just taken me four minutes to log in, including pressing F5 after waiting for two minutes, this has been the norm for a while now. I'll try and post this comment now.

• Profile Photo

OK, it took two minutes to post the above message, including pressing F5 again... hope this helps. Thanks, George.

• Profile Photo

George,
    That sounds bad. After logging in, is surfing around the site slow, too?

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 7 years, 7 months ago:

Well that was quick, just posted in headlines and went through in a flash.

• Profile Photo

My comments are popping up under the build posts almost before I hit the button. Really quick now!