Started by Adilcan Topgül · 12 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Adilcan Topgül said 5 years, 10 months ago:

Guys ive noticed that there is a karma point for every member and i think it increases with posting more stuff but what are those karma points are acctually for

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 10 months ago:

That's easy, Adilcan. If you look at the people with the highest karma points they are all people who have done terrible, despicable, awful things in their lives, so posting and helping other iModelers is a way of buying back good grace from the Eternal Omnipotent Kit Maker (His name is Martin) in the hope that one day we'll make it to that great stash in the sky...

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 5 years, 10 months ago:

I think that pretty well sums it up, David...love that Karma. 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Boris Rakic said 5 years, 10 months ago:

Adilcan, there is not much I can add to David's explanation... This feature was added simply as a lighthearted way to show one's activity. Your karma increases whenever you write something (be it an article or a comment), or if you add friends. And who knows, maybe one day we will come up with an idea what to do with these points. Will it be nerdy? Maybe. Will it be childish? Most probably. Will it be fun? Pretty sure 😀

• Profile Photo

"Nerdy, childish, and fun". Boris, you are my hero.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 5 years, 10 months ago:

David, is that part of Louis stash? I’m quite sure there some more still in the attic

• Profile Photo

Pedro, I think that's Louis' F4U's ...

• Profile Photo
    Adilcan Topgül said 5 years, 10 months ago:

Thanks for the explanation 🙂 you guys rock

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 10 months ago:

David,
    Now that's a stash ! Love it ... he looks like he's "King of the Plastic Hill". I enjoyed your description of Karma points. Well put.

This guy has my collection beat by a long shot. Not even my stack of F4U models comes close.

Pedro,

I cleared the attic a while ago. It gets too hot up there, and I didn't want the plastic to warp... 🙂

You guys put a big smile on my face this morning... Thanks !

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 5 years, 10 months ago:

I think we need to add a new iModeler monthly award - something along the lines of "most philosophical post of the month" or perhaps just call it the BS award! I think the ever skillful DLS would have a shot at sweeping the category!

• Profile Photo

Greg, I can think of several of our esteemed company that would make THAT award an even closer run thing than monthly best in show!

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 5 years, 10 months ago:

Ahahah, I agree with your idea Greg