M60A1 with Reactive Armor [Tamiya 1/35]

Started by Panzer Machine · 7 · 6 years ago · M60, Panzer Machine, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    Panzer Machine said 6 years ago:

I made the model a year ago during the holidays. Generally, I did not plan anything special, the model I wanted to do as it is said "straight from the box". Mainly I placed it during visits to my parents on the plot. Full of relaxation, sunshine, barbecue and beer. In my opinion Tamiya has done a great job with this set (35157). The main frame of the vehicle can be seen that they already have their years. All attachments related to reactive armor were added in two additional frames. You can see the differences in the quality of the detail between the old and new frames. However, it does not bother me at all. Frame elements are perfectly fit together after gluing the model into a whole we get a really nice miniature.

17 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 6 years ago:

Very nice model, the weathering on the ERA blocks is very realistic! Thanks for sharing!

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 6 years ago:

Very nicely done, sir...you should put this on the "headline" (or 'New Article') page.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 6 years ago:

Looks GREAT, PM! I served on M60A1s for a few years and never saw one of the fording kits installed! And there were no ERA blocks, either. Interesting!

I had to laugh when I saw the warning painted on the back left mud fender. I've towed these to about 25 mph before. The things you do when you don't know any better! HA!

• Profile Photo
    paul teixeira said 6 years ago:

Your M60 looks fantastic, really nice job. It has a real look about it. I also recently built this Tamiya kit and truly enjoyed the experience. I recently sold my kit to a USMC Tank driver who had experience with this Tank in real life. I added a few items to the basic model like new casted aluminium road wheels, and a new commanders cupola. Here are a few pictures of it.

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Panzer Machine said 6 years ago:

Thank you guys. I'm glad you like it 🙂
    Craig Abrahamson: How to do it?
    Jeff Bailey: wow! I haven't drive any tank so I don't have any experience on that.
    paul teixeira: Thanks for shering wit your model. Really nice! 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years ago:

Your M-60 looks very nice, as does the one just posted by Paul. Like Jeff Bailey, I also served as a crewman in M-60's. I went through all of the crew positions and logged over 2,000 miles driving one. Most of my time was spent as a gunner. Our tanks didn't have the ERA armor as your does.

Here's a link to a Tamiya model I built as one I served in.

1/35 Academy M-60A1, modeled after a tank that I was a crew member in…….. L Troop, 3/3 ACR
    I posted a few pictures of one of the tanks I served in here too. Please keep on building and I'll be looking forward to your next entry.