Tamiya 1/35 M3 Grant - WIP

Started by Christopher Driffield · 4 · 3 years ago · Battle of Gazala, M3 Grant
  • Profile Photo
    Christopher Driffield said 11 years, 3 months ago:

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and wanted to share some progress on a current build, Tamiya 1/35 M3 Grant straight out of the box with the exception of a Jordi Rubio barrel for the 37mm which I will add later (it's size means that any correction of the seam will be noticeable with my basic skills)

Pretty straightforward build, which flew together in about 2 days, then the painting started and I have to admit, I am probably the world's slowest painter, so by sharing on this site I hope to motivate myself to actually getting round to finishing something!

Primed with Simoniz car fine primer, Tamiya Desert Yellow basecoat.
    Weathering on the lower hull sort of completed. (I will probably just fiddel around with it a little but no major changes). Used the ash from BBQ briquettes to simulate North African dust and grime.
    The weathering will be kept to a minimum as I want to represent a tank just issued to the 8th Army in preparation for the Battle of Gazala from 26 May–21 June 1942 so it would have just really been run in.

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    said 11 years, 2 months ago:

Hi Chris. It all looks good so far! I look forward to seeing the finished model soon. Heres a pic of my Tamiya 1/35 Lee, which i built straight out the box about 15 years ago. Went together quite well in the end but time has not been kind to this one! 🙂

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Christopher Driffield said 11 years, 2 months ago:

Thanks Gregor, don't hold our breath for the finish, although this time I am going to try my best to keep on top of it!
    You're Lee looks fine, 15 years ago things were very different in the modeling world!

• Profile Photo
    RUSSELL WM MAY said 3 years ago:

Hello CHRIS D looks good ! I've recently bought the TAMIYA KIT! ...made the AIRFIX 20mm kit (another for x2 TRP remaining to be built! ) I also went for STONE OR 8TH ARMY SAND/DSRT YELLOW!? ...use of a no. Of photo ref I have books /Mags etc STILL HAVE a FOW box set of GRANTS ..ETC TO SEE LIGHT ! THANKS!