Academy P-47D "Nose Art"

Started by Gregor d · 6 · 5 years ago · Academy, P-47
  • Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 6 years ago:

Hi Folks!

Its been quite a while since i participated in a GB on imodeler but could not refuse the invitation to join in the Nose Art GB.

After a rummage in the stash i came up with this rather obvious candidate. I recon its more unusual to find a Thunderbolt without nose art! So here i am with the now quite elderly Academy offering. It is a nicely detailed kit with plenty of under wing options, which i will make good use of.

Anyway here are the obligatory box top and contents pics.

All the best, Greg

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 6 years ago:

Ah yes...one of the better choices for the GB in my opinion. Always liked that one. 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 5 years, 12 months ago:

Thanks Craig!

Well i have to report this kit is progressing with pace. Fit of all parts has been very good and i have encountered no problems. A little filler was needed for some of the seams but nothing that required too much elbow grease come the sanding process. I still haven't decided which version to do in terms of the actual nose art as Academy decals have never been the best in my experience. However i have some options from the decal bank.

Her's the pictures, cheers Greg...

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 5 years, 12 months ago:

Welcome aboard, Gregor! Looking forward to seeing the finished model. Have fun!

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 5 years, 10 months ago:

Well as i have said, this kits builds up good and fast, and its finished...

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 5 years, 10 months ago:

Well now that was quick and it looks good too.