F-82G 1/72

Started by Robert Royes · 11 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 6 years ago:

I'm building the Revell 1980's rebox, of what some say was Monogram's reentry into producing descent kits back in the seventies. The kit decals look kind of ifie so I ordered Print scale's F-82 sheet, not sure which A/C I'm going to do yet. Had to order missing headrest from Revell.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 6 years ago:

Now that looks like a lot of fun Robert. I've got some pics of the one at the USAF Museum in Dayton Let me know if you want to see them for reference and I'll sent them along.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years ago:

Good one Robert, or is it two !

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years ago:

An insane aircraft Robert - this is going to be great!

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 6 years ago:

I'd love to see your pics, Tom and thanks.

• Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 6 years ago:

Welcome to the group, Robert! I understand your dilemma about decal options; there are some good choices there!

Please let me know how the Print Scale decals work out. I've got three of those F-82's in the stash begging for different markings.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Just about done, canopies, props, gear, and load out to go, I found using the Print Scale decals they some times tended to curl when sliding them off, luckily the were strong enough to handle. I used the fuselage buzz numbers from the kit, which had the same A/C , the print scale were to big, although the other selections look right. When do we start posting for this group build?

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Quick work, there, Robert. Can you make these build threads a bit longer for those of us who 'need to get out a little more'?

It's a lovely exotic bird, that double pony. Done her well, Rob!

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Thanks David, It 's such basic kit, It'd be nice if they reworked the molds with recessed panel lines. It'd make the decals sit better. often thought about converting one into a 'single pony', just s**ts and grins.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 5 years, 11 months ago:

looking good!

• Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Robert, you can start posting any time. Looks good, looking forward to seeing the model in the headlines!