Tupolev Tu 160 "Blackjack" Soviet Air Force.

Started by Allan J Withers · 27 · 4 years ago · 1/72, Blackjack, Nose art GB, Trumpeter, Tu 160, USSR
  • Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years ago:

I started building this one ten years ago, an on and off project since then, now is a good time to finish it and this GB a good opportunity !

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 6 years ago:

Hi Allan...tell me - what's in the bomb bays ? Ordinance of some kind or a type of ejector rack? Being Russian, it's hard to tell just what they had in mind. 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Richard Mcstay said 6 years ago:

Good a time as any! I like these big bombers, looking forward to more posts.

• Profile Photo

Craig, they can hang six cruise missiles on each of these rotary racks, similar to the B1,---------------- Thanks Richard, --------------- here are a couple of pic's of early progress, I modified the wing hinging to make them removable !

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 6 years ago:

Man - that's gonna be large in 1/72! Looking forward to it.

• Profile Photo
    paul teixeira said 6 years ago:

really cool project. look forward to seeing more.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Greg, a bit bigger than my 707, ------------ thanks Paul, cool white !

• Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 6 years ago:

Where do you put them all Allen? Cool choice...

• Profile Photo

Thanks Jaime, not sure I've got the height on the shelf I intended for this, so I don't know !

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Some more early work, pics of the interior bits you'll never see again ! --------as for where to put it, I think I will lower the shelf above my other swing wings and make the required room above !

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 10 months ago:

Not much done to this lately but I did fit the main gear legs to check its height, luckily the grey boxes at the top right of pic' 2 were not glued in as they needed to come out to fit the legs !

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 4 months ago:

At last with other GB's finished some progress ! some masking on ready for a bit of different color, flat white !

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 4 months ago:

More masking for light grey at the front and steel at the rear and the masking removed with a coat of Future over the steel !

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 4 months ago:

Looks great, Allan!

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 3 months ago:

Thanks Jeff, more masking with buffed MM metalizer, flapy bits going on the wings !

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.