iModeler

the never ending ship (6 posts)

• 1/350 bama, i opted to not paint it in its camo scheme, i like wood decks! the super structure turned out pretty decent, i think. considering a full repaint cause the grey is a little to dark, i dunno. i will be a happy man the day i put the props on it and call it a day. plan on finishin her by june, by then it will be a year since i started her. wish me luck.

11 attached images. Click to enlarge

• Just some more pics!

3 attached images. Click to enlarge

• Very nice job on the wood decks!! I like the various shades of brown you put down. It’s been a while since anyone has posted to this group – thought I’d just chime in (new user) and let you know that I do ships exclusively, but mine are all built of wood….. sorry! Hahaha – nice job though!!!! I’m actually considering buying / building a 1/350th resin of the USS Bainbridge CGN-25. I served on her 1988-1991..

• Someone once said ships are are work-in-progress until you throw ’em out. I’ve got a few that are [supposedly] finished, but – not really. Your time and effort are apparent in these photos.

• Yes, ships are never quite “done”. There is always just one more thing I could add. Plastic, wood, makes no difference, there is always something that could be improved on. Having been a builder/carpenter/cabinetmaker most of my life, I find wood ships to be a very comfortable pursuit. The rigging really is a challenge for me. I like small wood boats, working boats, and the history that goes with them.

EJ

• Ships are long time running projects, looks great so far.