Water Wings build - 1/72 Academy PBM-5 Mariner

Started by Jaime Carreon · 6 · 7 years ago · Flying boats, Martin Mariner
  • Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 7 years, 8 months ago:

Since I started this, I'd better get into it! Bought this one a while back on a whim and it looks like a pretty neat project. Markings to be determined. Also found a 1/72 Arai Cessna 172 on floats that I'll try to do in conjunction with the Mariner.

Let's see what the rest of you come up with...

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 7 years, 8 months ago:

I wondered if someone would do this one. Looking forward to having a template for the one in my stash!

• Profile Photo
    David Mills said 7 years, 7 months ago:

Good choice Jaime - like the Gull wing and the canted tail - will you do the USN three colour scheme?

• Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 7 years, 7 months ago:

Haven't decided on a color scheme yet, David. Caracal makes some nice aftermarket decals for the kit and some of the subjects are pretty interesting. Glad there is some time until the deadline because it may take me that long to get to it!

• Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 7 years, 6 months ago:

Ordered one of the Caracal decal sheets for this model, which arrived a few days ago. I'm not too fond of the tricolor schemes, so I think this one will be in the overall dark sea blue, but I still haven't decided whether to leave the nose and upper turrets off yet. One of my markings options has the turrets, one doesn't. The kit includes the blanking plate for the upper turret and the small bow window to replace the nose turret. Decisons, decisions...

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 7 years, 1 month ago:

Jaime it's a shame you didn't get to do your Mariner, but just for inspiration here's one I prepared earlier, it's the Mach2 kit, built several years ago.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.