1/48 Draken Hasegawa

Started by Adilcan Topgül · 25 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Adilcan Topgül said 5 years, 10 months ago:

“Lets open a new box” he said. “A plane maybe” he did not say. “What about a jet” he never would have said. “I am going to build a draken” he may have tought but kept to himself.

And this is how the projects started after a long staring at the stash ive picked this beauty. It is a fairly new kit and at the first glance all the parts looks beautifully molded especially those crisp panel lines. Kit decals also looks good. Clear instructions and uncomplicated build sequance. You can eighter build it oob or if you are a little sick person like me you can choose to add some scratch details ( mainly to the cockpit. Kit dont have any sort of details on the left hand side not even a pice to cover there is a massive space that you could fit all your hopes and dreams into anyway ive made a piece from evergreen sheet by copying the right hand side piece and detailed with some scratch also add some strips to the top cockpit sides and the preassure seal on to the backplate also some cableing then primed with some surfacer 1200 gray and painted with humbrol 30 and left to dry
    ( my phones battery died so i cant take the pics after painting)
    More to come.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 10 months ago:

"There is a massive space you could fit all your hopes and dreams into" - Adilcan, you have a poet's heart.

• Profile Photo

Well David thanks to the s#i#lo@d of books i read

• Profile Photo

Adilcan, I've met many, many people who have read libraries full of books and still can't express themselves in their mother tongue, much less being so elegant in praise to the joys of plastic in a second language.

• Profile Photo

David you know that my main language is Turkish but im trying to do my best in English

• Profile Photo

You do more than well, Adilcan...you should hear my Turkish...

Hoverkraftım yılan balığı dolu

• Profile Photo

Ahahahah so you want one of these 😀

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Excellent, Adilcan, excellent.

• Profile Photo

monty python's flying circus :)))

• Profile Photo
    James B Robinson said 5 years, 10 months ago:

@dirtylittlefokker there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong!
    🙂

• Profile Photo

Oh, James, we stand a good chance of getting lost here if we start on this road. @lgardner will be here with his unladen swallows, we'll be debating the Latin for 'Romans go home', and before you know it Adilcan will have 150 posts on the thread before he even finishes the cockpit.

• Profile Photo
    James B Robinson said 5 years, 10 months ago:

David ... I believe you are right! Some 40+ years ago I would stay up late working on my models with a small black & white TV tuned into the Flying Circus. Good times! Yes...let us not side track Adilcan down that dark path. I am anxious to follow this build!

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 10 months ago:

Greetings Adilcan - looking forward to the appearance of hopes, dreams and scratch built interior!

• Profile Photo

Guys you gave me a good laugh and made my day seriously but lets get that cockpit finished tonight 😀

• Profile Photo

What, you want to build something - with all is distraction? You, sir, are a true modeler.